Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Moved back to central Illinois last year from Tucson, Arizona. I've always been politically involved. After reading the local newspaper and sending in a few letters to the editor, I was dissatisfied with the news coverage and the editorial content. I had a few letters published and a few that were not. I thought the paper was biased in its presentations.

In political science terms, a gunslinger is someone who comes in and cleans up or operates a political campaign that isn't going well. That's what I hope to do. Give the local news an alternative voice from a Christian prespective. I don't mind debating. If alternative sides to an issue are discussed, usually the truth comes out.

In the beginning I'm going to start with some letters to the editor that weren't published. Hopefully after this gets started and I get a handle on doing this, it will be more of a give and take debate over the current issues of the day. I'm starting with a letter I wrote after the fourth of July weekend in reaction to an article in the local paper. I had sent three letters in that week. One was published. This one was not.

Actually, I've sent it to half a dozen papers so far. It was published by at least one. Hopefully, in the coming weeks I'll send it to every paper that has a state chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. As a Chrsitian, I believe they are making a terrible mistake by advancing a policy of providing birth control products to teens. Also, the so called morning after pill (emergency contraception) is an abortion by a pill although abortionists try to deny it. The letter said:

The doctors of the American Academy of Pediatrics must be smoking medical marijuana. A quote from an Associated Press article, "The new policy says that while doctors should encourage adolescents to postpone sexual activity, they also should help ensure that all teens--not just those who are sexually active--have access to birth control, including emergency contraception."

Who gave doctors the authority to overrule the parent! If I had a minor teen child and a doctor gave, encouraged, or suggested the use of any birth control without my permission, I would file criminal charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I would also file a civil suit for corrupting the morals of a minor and sexual harassment. Why would any doctor suggest such nonsense? I'm guessing that a few hundred such law suits would end the arrogance of these doctors.

Imagine the new doctor office scenario. You take your thirteen year old to the doctor. The doctor walks in with the child's chart. He/she says, "I see you just turned thirteen. Here are six dozen condoms. When you run out, just let me know."

Meanwhile at a local home, a thirteen year old argues with his mother, "Jimmy's doctor gave him condoms. She told him to be careful, but enjoy himself. He will only live once. Why can't I have some?"

In the back of his mind, he's thinking that he can always get some from Jimmy if his mother doesn't relent. If he doesn't share, no problem. He's got a new line. Doctor approved intercourse at thirteen.

Doctors, you are not the parent!

If you agree that this is a really bad decision by this organization, you need to speak out. If no opposition occurs, they will proceed with this ridiculous policy. Their website has the address of the national organization which is in Illinois. They also list state chapter addresses. Contact them! Write to the local papers. Let them know that this is a dangerous policy. Sue them if they do it to your children. They will change it if they know it will cost them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet the newspaper files all of the letters you write in the trash. They probably figured out you are a nut a long time ago.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home