Saturday, May 26, 2007

Comments concerning evolution

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

On my Monday night (may have been posted Tuesday morning) post entitled “Evolution and Presidential candidates, part 6,” I continued my quoting of New Testament scripture which correctly credits GOD with the creation of all things. The New Testament quotes began with Ephesians 3: 7-9 (NIV) and ended with Hebrews 12: 25-27 (NIV). Two people posted comments. The two comments are as follows:

1) Secret Rapture said... My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! The Secret Rapture soon, by my hand!Read My Inaugural Address My Site=http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman

10:51 AM
2) Anonymous said... Two loons….

9:21 PM
I can’t speak for the first posted comment since I have no idea who it was from nor have I checked out the sight. I don’t control who posts comments and who does not. As for the second post, I do have a problem with people who make anonymous responses. To me, their response is about as valid as their willingness to identify themselves. However, I will respond to the comment anyway.
Encarta dictionary’s first definition for loon, the noun, is “North America Australia New Zealand ▪ diving bird of northern waters: a fish-eating diving bird with a short tail, webbed feet, smooth black-and-white feathers, and a distinctive laughing call. Native to: northern hemisphere. Genus: Gavia” (Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.) The second and last definition given is an informal word for Canadian money. I don’t think the individual means either one of these although I may be wrong since my topic was evolution.
But, wait! The dictionary also lists loon² which is also a noun. The definitions given are: 1) offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's mental condition or intelligence (slang insult) 2) Scotland boy: a boy or young man (Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.) I’m only guessing, but I don’t believe the individual who posted the comment means I am a Scotland boy. That leaves only the offensive term that insults my intelligence. I didn’t realize the individual knew me so well!
I would answer the comment in the same manner that the apostle Paul answered a similar comment. Paul was being held prisoner by the Roman government. The Roman Governor was Porcius Festus. Paul appeared before Festus and King Agrippa along with other officials and leading citizens. During Paul’s discourse, he was abruptly interrupted by Festus.
“At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense. ‘You are out of your mind, Paul!’ he shouted. ‘Your great learning is driving you insane.’
‘I am not insane, most excellent Festus,’ Paul replied. ‘What I am saying is true and reasonable. The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner. King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do.’
Then Agrippa said to Paul, ‘Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?’
Paul replied, ‘Short time or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am (a Christian—my addition), except for these chains.’” Acts 26: 24-29 (NIV)
I don’t claim to be anything close to Paul in my walk with GOD. However, what I have written about creation and evolution is true and reasonable. And like Paul, I pray that all who are reading this are or will become a Christian.
Fortunately, I am not at this time in chains. It is those who are outside of CHRIST, those who have not put on CHRIST in baptism who are in chains—slaves to sin.
However, one day Christians may be in chains in this country. If this country continues on it downward plunge into immorality and sin, I would not be surprised that those who speak the truth about such sins are imprisoned by the government. If and when it becomes a crime to speak the truth, Christians must still speak the truth.
We can see the plunge already in our continuing demand to murder our own unborn children. We can see the plunge already in our attempts to allow homosexual sin to be defined as normal and legal. We can see the plunge already in our attempts to promote any immoral activity among consenting adults. We can see the plunge already in our attempts to remove GOD for the public arena. We can see the plunge already in our denial that GOD created all things. Evil endeavors to silence good by punishing those who speak out against evil—punishment by chains, punishment by insults, punishment by name calling, punishment by ridicule, punishment by isolation.
However, in the end GOD is always victorious!!! “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit from the spirit will reap eternal life.” Galatians 6: 7-8 (NIV)
What are you sowing? What are you going to reap?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am for sure a far out Space Cadet!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home