Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stop the excuses

I will not be continuing my Creationism posts for the next two posts. Tonight’s is that second post. I do plan to return to the Creationism posts after these two.

Then, I plan to answer the response about Iraq. I am sorry for the change in plans. Plans, in reality, often are altered for one reason or another. “The best laid plans … often go astray.” Thank you for your understanding and patience.

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish, barbaric decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

http://www.kansasmeadowlark.com/2006/ShameOfKansas

www.childpredators.com

www.lifedynamics.com

www.aclj.org

www.libertylegal.org

www.alliancedefensefund.org

www.searchtv.org

Gene Robinson is one of the libertine writers that the Peoria Journal Star regularly features on its editorial page. This is a paragraph from a recent column published on August 3, 2007, page A4. (I do admit that I did not read the entire article. I stopped after this paragraph. I also admit that I haven’t read many of his columns.)

“I hear from African-Americans (The latest acceptable racial term.—my addition) who are excited about Obama’s candidacy but who suspect that somehow, when push comes to shove, ‘they’ won’t let him win. It’s unclear who ‘they’ might be—white voters, the ‘power structure,’ the alignment of the stars—and it’s unclear how ‘they’ are going to thwart Obama’s ambition. The point is that, somehow, he’ll be denied.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m getting tired of the worn out race card being played so often. Why is it alright for all African-Americans to vote for an African-American candidate but, if Caucasians don’t vote for that same candidate, then it is racism? That is not only nonsense. It is also a form of racism.

Let’s be truthful. There will always be Caucasians who are racists. There will also always be African-Americans who are racists. However, continually ignoring the great changes that have occurred hurts rather than helps in the goal of equality not based upon the color of ones skin but based upon character.

Martin Luther King in 1963 in his famous “I Have a Dream” speech said “I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007 [DVD]. Redmond, Wa: Microsoft, Corporation, 2006. How can that dream ever be achieved if the excuse is already being dragged out that Barack Obama, or who ever, can not or did not achieve something began of the color of his skin and that excuse is given even before the event? Is this not attempting to capitalize upon his skin color rather than making a decision about him based upon his character?

Of course, there is also another problem. Is Barack Obama African-American in the sense that the term is normally used? I moved to Illinois in June of the year that he was first elected to the U.S. Senate from Illinois. From what was said at the time, his mother is Caucasian. I don’t know if she is 100% Caucasian but she is identified as Caucasian. If she is 100% Caucasian, then Barack Obama is only 50% African-American. Does that count as being African-American?

In the meantime, in that Senate race in Illinois, his Republican opponent was also African-American. I don’t recall any mention of his opponent’s lineage so, in fact, it may well have been that his opponent is more African-American than he is. As far as I know, no one complained about any racial bias in that election.

I did not vote for Barack Obama in that senatorial election. Does that mean that I did not vote for him because of the color of his skin? No! I would not have voted for Barrack Obama if he was 100% Caucasian. I would not have voted for him because he supports the murder of unborn babies, because he thinks the sin of practicing homosexuality should be protected by law, and for a host of other issue related reasons.

In short, I could care less about the color of his skin. The color of his skin tells me nothing about his character. His stance on issues tells me a tremendous amount about his character. I voted against Barack Obama because his character is deficient not because his skin color is deficient. And according to Martin Luther King, that is exactly how he should be judged. So, please stop trying to use the race card as an excuse for the character deficiencies of a candidate who also happens to be at least partially African-American.

Personally, I don’t think Barack Obama will win the Democratic nomination. But, the fact that he is considered to be a leading contender for the nomination seems to disprove, in part, that his ability to win or lose is based upon race. If race is such an overwhelming factor, why is he a leading contender? He must have some Caucasian support. Of course, I guess, if he was not considered to be an African-American, he would be supported by 100% of the members of the Democratic Party. What do you think?

Regardless of his winning or losing the Democratic primary, I will not vote for Barrack Obama in the general election. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin. It has everything to do with his position on the issues that are important to me. And until people stop using the race card as a political issue, Marin Luther King’s dream will never be achievable. Isn’t that strange? The very people who are suppose to be most desirous of his dream being fulfilled are the ones who, it seems, are preventing it from occurring since using race as an issue for being elected hinders the real stated goal—selection based upon character not race.

It’s time to stop using race as an issue both by Caucasian racists and African-American racists. Stop demanding that skin color be the reason for voting for a candidate. Stop making excuses based upon skin color. Otherwise, Martin Luther King’s dream will not be fulfilled. To many voters, Barack Obama’s character is deficient not his skin color. Don’t hide behind his skin color to make excuses for his character deficiencies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home