Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Political pawns


Illinois General Assembly update: The General Assembly was supposed to pass a balanced budget by May 31st. For, at least, the third year in a row, they did not, even though Democrats control both the House and the Senate and the office of Governor and have since I moved to Illinois in 2004. The people of Illinois must enjoy dysfunctional government!

The General Assembly is now in recess until the Democratic leadership devices an acceptable budget. SB 1716 was NOT voted on and probably will not be voted on this year. However, I will continue to WATCH and will report any change.

Tonight, I’m changing my planned post. The new post:

ABC had scheduled what seemed to be a “disaster” movie (probably a two or three part product, but I didn’t check). As you know, if you are a regular, I don’t generally watch TV. However, I thought I would check out the plot.

I didn’t watch long so I may be wrong but it seems I was right about what I thought the plot would entail. The movie centered on the catastrophe that would result if the government(s) doesn’t stop “global warming”—the Al Gore version, of course. Political propaganda as mainstream TV. How desperate are they?

I then started channel hopping. The Cubs were playing on WGN. During a commercial, I channel hopped again to NBC. They were doing a political commercial for the President of the United States. Of course, it was not advertized as such. Rather, it was a “news special.”

NBC has been in a financial squeeze for a while since they are continually losing audience share. Do you think they are aiming at a government buyout?

Wouldn’t that be grand? We now have GM—Government Motors (The name is not original with me). Soon we may also be blessed with the new and governmentally improved NGBC (the National Governmental Broadcasting Company). The peacock could be replaced by a donkey!

Don’t you miss free enterprise, truth, justice, and the American way! Or, is it too soon to mourn the passing? Or, is it too late to mourn the passing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home