Wednesday, November 09, 2005


If true, there was a disturbing column in the Peoria Journal Star Monday, November 7, 2005 page A4 by national columnist Kathleen Parker.  According to the article, a California school district gave a survey to elementary age (age 7-10 according to the column) school children asking certain sexually oriented questions that some parents objected to after the fact.  The parents had said they did not realize such questions were part of the survey.  According to the article these 7-10 year olds “were asked, for example, to rate the following activities according to how often they experienced the thought or emotion:”


“Thinking about having sex.”


“Thinking about sex when I don’t want to.”


“Washing myself because I feel dirty on the inside.”


“Not trusting people because they might want sex.”


“Getting upset when people talk about sex.”


Some parents took the school district to court.  The article did not say how the district court ruled.  It did say that the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the questionnaire did not violate the rights of the parents and the school district could legally administer the questionnaire to its students.  (The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals takes in the States of California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, and Montana.  It is generally considered one of the most libertine of the Appellate Courts.—my addition)  


Having been a school board member, I can categorically state those questions are not appropriate for a school to be asking its students of any age let alone 7-10 year olds.  However, this case demonstrates the extent to which governments can go according to court rulings to interfere with parents raising their children.

Senator Hillary “We are the President.” Clinton wrote a book (At least her name is on it.) entitled It Takes a Village.  If I remember correctly, the entire phrase is “It takes a village to raise a child.”  The Encarta reference states this: “In 1996 she (Hillary “We are the President.” Clinton—my addition) published a book, It Takes a Village, that focuses on the responsibilities that society has toward children.” (Microsoft Encarta Reference Library 2004, 1993-2003, Microsoft Corporation.)    


Of course, in the United States today, that village is the government be it the school district, city government, county government, state government, or federal government.  

As a Christian, I do not want the village raising my child.  

I do not want my child being taught that GOD did not create the universe.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that intercourse outside of marriage is okay as long as protection is used.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that homosexuality is natural and normal and not a sin.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that the greatest virtue is tolerance rather than integrity, honesty, and spirituality.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that GOD and the State must be separate.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that there are many truths and each of us can pick and choose our own truths.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that the most important character trait for growth into adulthood is self-esteem.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that he is the center of the universe.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that the use of vulgarities is freedom of speech.  

I do not want the village teaching my child that a woman has the right to murder her unborn child.  

I do not want the village taking my place as a parent.  

I do not want the village to raise my child!        








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home