Monday, May 15, 2006

In March and April I wrote four posts in relation to an article published in the Peoria Journal Star entitled “Living in hope for salvation for all.”  Below is a letter I wrote to the author of that column.  


I read your article published in the Peoria Journal Star on 3/18/06 entitled “Living in hope for salvation for all.”  I wrote a four part response to the article on my blog:
          
            http://www.christiangunslinger.blogspot.com/


on March 25th, March 27th, April 17th, and April 18th (running consecutively on the blog) entitled “There was an island.”


I thought it only appropriate that I inform you of my response and invite you to comment on it if you so desire.  You may mail any correspondence to:


                Christian Gunslinger    
                P.O. Box 481
                Morton, Illinois 61550


I will publish any reaction you furnish in its entirety on my blog.  I will probably also respond to your reply.  At some point in time, I plan to post this letter on the blog whether or not you choose to write a reply.  Thank you for your time.



Sincerely,




Not a surprise; he did not respond.  I didn’t really expect him to respond.  As far as I can determine, he has no basis based on Scripture to believe that all will be saved.  He based his opinion not on the WORD of GOD but on his own human desire.


The apostle Paul wrote the following to Timothy in II Timothy 4: 1-5.
“In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.  For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.  Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.  They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.  But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.”


What did Paul command Timothy to do?  Preach the Word!!!  How was he to use the Word?  To correct, rebuke, and encourage!  What are Christians today to do if they are to be obedient to GOD’S WILL?  Preach the WORD!  Correct, rebuke, and encourage!  Where is the WORD of GOD found?  In our own desires?  NO!!!  In our own interpretation of GOD’S WILL?  No!!!  GOD’S WILL can be found in one place.  GOD’S WORD—the Bible.  


If you want to know GOD’S Will, study the source HE has provided to us.  Study the instruction manual.  Study the Bible.  Don’t take my word for it.  Don’t take Paul Isom’s word for it.


Ultimately, we are each responsible for what we believe, what we do, and whether or not we accept GOD, JESUS, and the HOLY SPIRIT as our LORD and SAVIOR.  I can not believe for you.  Paul Isom can not believe for you.  I can not be obedient for you.  Paul Isom can not be obedient for you.  Only you are responsible for yourself.  


Choose wisely!!!  Your soul depends on your choice!!!      

© 2006


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home