Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We are at War, part 5

My last four posts were concerned with comments written by Dr. Vernon Chong, Major General, USAF, Retired.  The first post also gives a website for his biography.  In part 4, I quoted him as declaring “If we are united, there is no way that we can lose.”  I disagree with that statement.  More important than being united, is the nation, in general, repenting from the sins it has been enthralled with over the last fifty years or so.


The nation of Israel of the Old Testament was GOD’S chosen people.  They, however, had a very sinful practice of falling away from GOD’S commands and HIS will.  They would be obedient for a time and then they would fall into deep sin.  After GOD punished them, they would repent for a time and then fall back into deep sin requiring GOD to once again punish them.  This pattern continued throughout the Old Testament until they dared to demand that Pontius Pilate crucify the SAVIOR of the world.  GOD punished them by destroying the nation and scattering them throughout the world.


“This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: ‘Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.’  So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel.  But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.


Then the word of the Lord came to me: ‘O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?’ declares the Lord.  ‘Like the clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.  If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down or destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of it evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.  And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you.  So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and actions.’  But they will reply, ‘It’s no use.  We will continue with our own plans; each of us will follow the stubbornness of his evil heart.’’” (Jeremiah 18: 1-12)


“This is what the Lord says, ‘Go and buy a clay jar from a potter.  Take along some of the leaders of the people and of the priests and go out to the Valley of Ben Hinnom, near the entrance of the Potsherd Gate.  There proclaim the words I tell you, and say, ‘Hear the word of the Lord, O kings of Judah and people of Jerusalem.  This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Listen! I am going to bring a disaster on this place that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.  For they have forsaken me and made this a place of foreign gods; they have burned sacrifices in it to gods that neither they nor their fathers nor the kings of Judah ever knew, and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent.  They have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as offerings to Baal (Sound familiar?  The U.S. Supreme Court hasn’t even waited for the sons and daughters to be born.  The Court has allowed women to murder their unborn children offered to the alter of self!!!—my addition)—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.  So beware, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when people will no longer call this place Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter.


In this place I will ruin the plans of Judah and Jerusalem.  I will make them fall by the sword before their enemies, at the hands of those who seek their lives, and I will give their carcasses as food to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth.  I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds.  I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another’s flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives.’” (Jeremiah 19: 1-9)


“Jeremiah then returned from Topheth where the Lord had sent him to prophesy, and stood in the court of the Lord’s temple and said to all the people, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: ‘Listen! I am going to bring on this city and the villages around it every disaster I pronounced against them, because they were stiff-necked and would not listen to my words’’” (Jeremiah 19: 14-15)


Think it can’t happen to the United States because we are too strong militarily?  That’s what the people of Israel thought too!  They did not listen.  They did not repent.  They kept right on doing evil.  They were punished by being taken into captivity.

The United States will never be strong enough militarily to prevent defeat if that is what GOD desires!  GOD does not allow sin to continue unabated!!!  HE does allow it for a time and then in some way he demands HIS justice.  Not man’s; HIS justice.  


Advertisements are now being aired that declare, “You drink, you drive, you pay.”  Don’t be deceived by the psycho-babblers, pseudo-christians, libertines, the ACLU, homosexual activists, libertine politicians, humanistic celebrities, libertine sports stars, or anyone else; you sin, you reject GOD, you pay!!!


“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked.  A man (and nation—my addition) reaps what he sows.  The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” (Galatians 6: 7-8)                
        
As a nation, we need to repent of our evil, stop doing the evil abhorred by GOD, and obey GOD.  We must not continue with our own definitions of right and wrong.  GOD has plainly defined evil and righteousness.  We need to be obedient to HIS will if we are to continue as a nation.  It is our choice.  All of our power will not save us if we mock GOD!!!


We are at WAR with terrorists.  We must also be at WAR against humanistic evil!!!  “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8: 31b)  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home