Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My mistake

I made a mistake. Monday night on the blog I wrote “not surprisingly the Peoria Journal Star has not published my letter.”
I was wrong. The Peoria Journal Star published their edited version of the letter Monday morning—October 30, 2006, page A4. Unfortunately, I didn’t read section A of the paper until today—Tuesday, October 31, 2006.

Therefore, I didn’t see the published letter until today. Consequently, tonight I’m posting the original section of State Senate candidate David Koehler’s letter that I reacted to initially, my complete letter to the editor, and the edited account as published Monday. (My complete response was posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006. It is entitled “Mass Murder?” and I recommend reading the complete article since I was not restricted by the length requirement of a letter to the editor.)


David Koehler’s letter declared:

“Abortion: No one I know is pro-abortion. I am pro-choice. Government interference into such a personal area is not the answer. I will work to ensure that we do a better job of preventing unintended pregnancies, thereby reducing the need for abortion.” (Peoria Journal Star, October 21, 2006, page A5.)

My original letter to the editor declared:

“What nonsense! State Senate candidate David Koehler is not pro-abortion; he’s pro-choice. And what are the two choices? To murder your unborn baby or not to murder your unborn baby.

I have a neighbor whose dog keeps me awake all night. We all know that sleep deprivation is a form of torture. I’m pro-choice. My choice is to murder my neighbor for torturing me. No harm in being pro-choice!

Mr. Koehler! No one has the moral right to murder another human. No one! Not a mother! Not a father! Not you! Not me!

When you are bowed down before GOD, do you really believe HE will accept your asinine distinction between being pro-choice and pro-abortion? Are you or are you not an accessory to mass murder? The murder of innocent unborn children.”

The Peoria Journal Star published the following version of my letter:

“No abortion choices

What nonsense. State Senate candidate David Koehler says he is not pro-abortion; he’s pro-choice. And what are the two choices? To murder your unborn baby or not to.

No one has the moral right to murder another human. No one. Not a mother. Not a father. Not you. Not me.

When people are bowed down before God, do they really believe He will accept the asinine distinction between being pro-choice and pro-abortion?

>>> > >>>>>
Morton”

Notice what the Peoria Journal Star staff left out. Notice that the emphasis on Mr. Koehler’s personal position on the murder of unborn babies was changed to the position of the general public. Isn’t the ability to edit wonderful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home