Monday, September 10, 2007

BEWARE of Farmers’ Insurance Group

A married couple that I have known since 1993 has been having a problem with Farmers’ Insurance Group. I offered to help (notice that the original damage occurred on August 10, 2007, almost a year ago) and sent the following letter to the company representative August 1, 2007 hoping to encourage Farmers’ to reach an acceptable agreement with the couple. It did not happen.

Read the letter and the following posts concerning this insurance company. It might save you tons of aggravation. I can tell just by talking with the couple that they are extremely frustrated with Farmers’ and with the entire experience to date. I have experienced that same frustration when a renter of a property I owned unsuccessfully tried to burn down the house. Sometimes (too often) it is a battle royal to get the payment for damages that a insured client is entitled to receive.

Therefore, I am becoming involved and tonight I am posting the original letter I sent to the representative.

Consequently, I will not be continuing my Creationism posts today. I do plan to return to them soon.

Then, I plan to answer the response about Iraq. I am sorry for the change in plans. Plans, in reality, often are altered for one reason or another. “The best laid plans … often go astray.” Thank you for your understanding and patience.

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish, barbaric decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

http://www.kansasmeadowlark.com/2006/ShameOfKansas

http://www.childpredators.com/

http://www.lifedynamics.com/

http://www.aclj.org/

http://www.libertylegal.org/

http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/

http://www.searchtv.org/

August 1, 2007
Loss Date: 08/10/2006

To: >>>> >. >>>>>>>>, GCA
for Farmers Insurance Group
P.O Box 30517
Tucson, Arizona 85751


Dear Sir:

I have known ~~~ and ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ since 1993. I have found them to be hard working, honest, dependable, and caring. When I found out earlier this year that they were having problems in relation to a claim with your company, I offered to help.

I have been told that when informed of my offer the response was “He’s not a lawyer is he?” No, I am not although I have used lawyers in the past to achieve results. I have found that most often a satisfactory conclusion can be reached without involving lawyers.

I do have years of experience working with companies to help them understand the importance of providing satisfactory service to their customers. I have found that generally businesses do want to have clients who are pleased with the final results. Sometimes unfortunately, a business will be blinded by the immediate bottom line and temporarily forgets the important of a satisfied client. My position is to help that business “see the light.”

If I may: three examples from my past experiences. My mortgage was purchased by another company. The new company raised my escrow payments by an exorbitant amount. When I complained, the company said they could charge any amount they wanted for escrow fees. I contacted my U.S. Senator. Soon after, I received a letter stating my escrow fees were being lowered to the level I desired although they could charge the higher fees if they wanted to. Soon after, Congress passed a law restricting the amount of escrow fees a mortgage company could charge.

I was renting a rental car. The business was located just outside of the city limits. The company wanted to charge me the 2% sales tax that was charged by the city of Tucson but not by the county. I disagree and after some discussion I was not charged the 2% tax. After I returned the vehicle, I informed the State Attorney’s office for Tucson that the company was charging the 2% city tax illegally. Soon after, the company went bankrupt.

I am not a lawyer although I have upon occasion used the courts. Because my degrees are in political science, I prefer to use government agencies and institutions when it becomes necessary to involve other entities. However, I generally try to use basic supply and demand argues to accomplish satisfactory results. The enclosed posting from my personal blog, which allows me to reach the world, is a recent example in relation to a problem an individual had with The Hartford insurance company. This is, of course, the third example.

I would suggest that before September 7, 2007 you and ~~~ and ~~~~~ reach an amicable settlement of this claim that is now almost one year since the original event. If that is not accomplished, I will get involved at a personal level. If and when that happens, I will request that all communication be in writing which should have been done from the beginning and which seems to be part of the difficulties that have resulted. I will also ask for copies of each and every portion of the claim, the amount asked for, and the amount paid out by the company. In each instance where the amount paid out is different from the amount asked for, I will request a detailed explanation for the difference. I think you may find that I will not be as reasonable as ~~~ and ~~~~~ are at the present time.

If I am not satisfied with the information and ~~~ and ~~~~~ are not satisfied, I will use every necessary legal means at my disposal to bring about a reasonable and acceptable conclusion to the problem. If I get involved, this letter and all other efforts will be posted on my blog. I believe in public exposure. One of my goals will be to make the financial losses of your company much greater than they would have been if you had reached an amicable settlement in the first place. I do this type of thing for free so it will not cost ~~~ or ~~~~~ anything. However, your company will, one way or another, pay a price for not reaching an acceptable agreement. At least that will be one of my goals and I tend to be very successful at reaching goals.

I hope that will not be necessary. I hope an agreement that is acceptable to ~~~ and ~~~~~ will be reach within the next month. The choice is your: satisfy a client or not. Thank you for your time in regard to this matter.

Sincerely,

Don L. Vance

~~~ ~~~~~~

~~~~~ ~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home