Monday, December 05, 2005


Did I miss it?  I thought I had heard on a radio news program that a federal judge had ruled that the Indiana State Legislature, I think it was the Indiana Legislature, could not legally mention JESUS in its opening prayer.  (I know I watched the beginning of the Army/Navy football game Saturday and the individual who gave the invocation did not mention JESUS’S name.)  I have been looking for the news story in the Peoria Journal Star since the day I heard the radio report and can’t find it.  Did I miss it?


If there is anyone who reads the Journal Star and read the news story, I would appreciate it if you would let me know where I could find it.  Please give me the day the story was published and the section of the paper.  Thanks.  I appreciate any help you could provide.


I’m sure they must have run the story.  The “letters to the editor” section of the paper has had several letters dealing with the establishment clause.  This new decision would be one more decision to help us understand the meaning of that provision of the Constitution.  Again, if you would help me find the Star’s story, I’d appreciate it.  Meanwhile, I’ll do my own investigation and try to find it myself.  Maybe I’ll write to the paper and ask for their assistance.


In the mean time, a new record low temperature of zero degrees was recorded in Peoria today surpassing the previous low of three degrees.  I have been missing the warm days of Tucson.  I talked to a friend recently who said Tucson’s high that day was 74.  I’m sort of glad global warming is making it warmer in Illinois in the wintertime.  From what the Peoria Journal Star reported earlier this year, we can look forward to temperatures in the 60’s and 70’s in the winter time in another fifty years.  Personally, I like those winter temperatures.  It will be like being back home in Tucson.  

  




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home