Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What does the New Testament of the Bible have to say about being saved, salvation, eternal life, and Heaven and hell?  Quite a lot.  More than I can cover in one post.  Consequently, I’ll only give a small selection of appropriate quotes.  I would encourage everyone to do their own intensive study.  There is nothing like doing your own investigation and not letting others lead you along the wrong path.


“’I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.  But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell (my underline).’” (Spoken by JESUS, Luke 12: 4-5)


“Jesus answered, ‘Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?  I tell you, no!  But unless you repent, (my underline) you too will all perish.  Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?  I tell you, no!  But unless you repent (my underline), you too will all perish.’” (Luke 13: 2-5)        


“Someone asked him (JESUS—my addition), ‘Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?’


“He said to them, ‘Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.  Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’


But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’


But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.  Away from me, all you evildoers (my underline)!’’” (Luke 13: 23-27)


“’For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed (my underline) in the name of God’s one and only Son.  This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.’” (Spoken by JESUS.  John 3: 16-19)


“’For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes (my underline) in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.’” (Spoken by JESUS.  John 6: 40)


“’Now this is eternal life: that they may know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ (my underline), whom you have sent.’” (Prayed by JESUS.  John 17: 3) [Don’t know GOD and JESUS; can’t have eternal life.  JESUS’S definition of eternal life.]

“’Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.’


When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what shall we do?’” (Acts 2: 36-37)


Peter replied, ‘You don’t have to do anything!  Every one of you will be saved!’  WRONG!!!  WRONG!!!  WRONG!!!  


The Bible actually states, “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you (my underline), in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.  And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’” (Acts 2:38)    
      
“With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, ‘Save yourselves (Actions are required on our part—my addition and my underline) from this corrupt generation.’  Those who accepted his message were baptized and about three thousand were added (my underlines) to their number that day.” (Acts 2: 40-41)

“Although he (JESUS—my addition) was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him (my underline) and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.”  (Hebrews 5: 8-10)


“Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood.  Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him (my underline), because he always lives to intercede for them.”  (Hebrews 7: 23-25)  



“Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him (my underlines).” (Hebrews 9: 27-28)


“The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God (my underline) lives forever.  (1 John 2: 17)

“Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life (my underline) in him.” (1 John 3: 15)

“Anyone who believes in the Son of God (my underline) has this testimony in his heart.  Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.  And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life (my underline).” (1 John 5: 10-12)


“In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.  They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire (my underline).” (Jude 1: 7)  


“He said to me: ‘It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.  To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.  He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.  But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.  This is the second death (my underline).’”  (Revelation 21: 6-8)


“Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of Life (my underline).”  (Revelation 21: 27)

“The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people (my underline).  Amen.” [The last paragraph in the New Testament and Bible] (Revelation 22: 21)


Are these Biblical verses that support the belief that all people will eventually be saved?  I don’t think so.  Study the WORD of GOD and make your own decision.  It is the difference between salvation and being lost eternally.  We do have a responsibility.  Don’t be lulled into the “not responsible” lies that are prevalent in today’s society.  This is the ultimate choice of choices in life.  Don’t make the wrong choice!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home