Saturday, January 30, 2010

Adam Andrzejewski—another comment on who I should vote for


Please note: This is my last planned post until Wednesday, February 3rd. I’ve been postponing tax work and need to start working on it. From this point on until after April 15th, my posts will probably be sporadic but I hope to post as often as I’m able.

Tonight’s post: I received one comment in relation to my post of January 27th on voting in the primary in which I stated again that I’m voting of Adam Andrzejewski for Governor. The comment as provided:

“Anonymous said …

Adam is not a bad guy but as the last set of debates showed he really has no understanding how Illinois State government and Springfield works. It nice to be a reform but if you do not know how the system work it is going to be impossible to reform it. Most of the recent polls have Adam to far back to really have a chance of winning. The only Conservative candidate that has a chance of winning and not sticking the party with a rino nominee in the fall is Senator Brady.

9: 21 AM”

My response: Let’s start with the following comment by anonymous, “Most of the recent polls have Adam to far back to really have a chance of winning.” As I’ve said before, I don’t base my vote upon who may or may not win the election. That’s similar to following a “self-fulfilling prophecy.”—you think something is going to happen (based upon a poll or whatever), you react accordingly (voting for someone you would not otherwise vote for because you think he has a better chance of winning) and bingo—he has a better chance of winning. I don’t vote that way. I vote based upon issues and I’ve already stated my three criteria:

1) did the candidate answer my questionnaire?
2) what were his answers to the questionnaire?
3) what are his positions on other issues?

Nowhere did I list “Does he have the best chance of winning?” I’ve never voted that way and I hope I never do. One last thing, last time I checked, NO PUBLIC OPINION POLL HAS EVER VOTED!!! People vote NOT polls!

A second argument advanced by anonymous was “The only Conservative candidate that has a chance of winning and not sticking the party with a rino nominee in the fall is Senator Brady.” Just how conservative is Senator Brady? One way to determine that is how he answered my questionnaire. He did not bother to answer the questionnaire so I don’t know his commitment to my issues or the intensity to his commitment to my issues.

However, he had ample opportunity to answer the questionnaire IF he wanted to demonstrate his conservatism based upon specific answers to specific questions. Every candidate was mailed a questionnaire by me personally. Before that however, we (the Morton 9/12 Project) e-mailed a questionnaire to every candidate who provided an e-mail address. Some Republican candidates did not list an e-mail contact on their website or else could only be e-mailed through their website. Since we were sending the questionnaire as an attachment, we could not e-mail the questionnaire to those candidates.

However, Bill Brady did list an e-mail contact and he was therefore e-mailed the questionnaire. That makes two times he was contacted to answer the questionnaire and each time he chose not to do so. However, that is not all. I know an individual who is actively working for Mr. Brady and also did so in 2006 when he ran for governor the first time. On two different occasions, I personally gave said person a copy of the questionnaire for Mr. Brady to answer. Mr. Brady was the ONLY candidate who on FOUR different occasions had an opportunity to answer the questionnaire and did NOT!

Now, if any gubernatorial candidate should have answered the questionnaire, it was him. This is his second run for the office. He should know that every vote in the primary is important. He also is the only candidate from Central Illinois. Since I’m also from Central Illinois, a well answered questionnaire should be a boost to his candidacy if for no other reason than most of the people who read the blog are probably also from Central Illinois and probably also conservative.

In contrast, Adam Andrzejewski did not have a listed e-mail contact. His website did have an e-mail on site but we could not send the questionnaire as an attachment. His campaign contacted us through our e-mail address and I e-mailed the contact person back and provided the questionnaire. (The original e-mailed questionnaire was sent along with an invitation to participate in a meet and greet. The meet and greet fell through but the letter I sent said we still desired that the questionnaire be answered and returned.) His campaign initiated the contact to insure that he had an opportunity to answer the questionnaire. Two different staff members returned the questionnaire to me—I e-mailed one and received two. He was willing to answer the questionnaire and his answers were in line with mine. Why would I not vote for him?

Another way to have some idea of how conservative a candidate is, although not as reliable as the questionnaire, is who has endorsed him and who is working for him. Normally, I don’t pay any attention to endorsements or who is working for a particular candidate. However, I worked hard to work with the Morton Village Board to ban video gambling because that is an extremely important issue to me. I also want the Tazewell County Board to ban video gambling because video gambling, as I’ve said, is State sanctioned stealing. If Tazewell County does not ban video gambling the Board is making me a very unwilling coconspirator in that State sanctioned stealing.

Early in the campaign, Mr. Brady was pictured in our local paper with two members of the Tazewell County Board who were actively involved in his campaign. One of those Board members wrote a letter to the editor arguing AGAINST banning video gambling. Another local paper had a letter to the editor published on the 27th of January where both of these two Board members endorsed Russ Crawford for County Treasurer. I have already said I am not voting for Russ Crawford in large part because he IS NOT in favor of banning video gambling. I know an individual who is not only supporting Mr. Brady and Mr. Crawford but is also supporting Mark Kirk for the U.S. Senate. In fact, he stated that Mark Kirk is the obvious, best candidate for the Senate. I’ve said repeatedly that I will NOT vote for Mark Kirk in either the primary or the general election. He is my very definition of a RINO (Republican in Name Only). He supports the MURDER of unborn babies. It seems to me that Mr. Brady is running in “bad company.” “Do not be misled; ‘Bad company corrupts good character.’” I Corinthians 15: 33 (NIV)

I don’t watch or pay attention to debates. They are basically a waste of time. A five minute sound bite does not give sufficient time to develop an important concept. You’re writing as an anonymous person. How do I know that Adam Andrzejewski “showed he really has no understanding how Illinois State government and Springfield works?” How do I know that you have any understanding of how Illinois State government and Springfield works? How do I know that you aren’t a supporter of a third Republican gubernatorial candidate (a RINO) who is trying to split the votes of others to benefit your candidate?

I do know this about the workings of the General Assembly. The General Assembly is violating the Constitution by passing laws without the three constitutionally required readings over three days by substituting a bill with another bill after two readings. Adam has said, through my questionnaire, that he will veto any bill that is passed in that fashion. GOOD for HIM!!! Such a practice is unconstitutional, unethical, and immoral! Actually, it might not be such a bad idea not knowing how State government and Springfield is now working.

This I do know. What may seem impossible today may not be impossible tomorrow. Who, one month before the election, really believed that a Republican would win Ted Kennedy’s Senate seat in the bluest of blue States?

Consequently, I still plan on voting for Adam Andrzejewski. Won’t you join me. It’s a secret ballot and no one will know your vote except you and GOD!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You defiantly have the right to vote for whoever you want but the people that read your blog and might be influenced by it should know what at stake in the this election. There are three rino candidates running, Dillard, McKenna and Ryan and three conservative Candidates, Brady, Adam Proft. Your right that no poll has every voted but they do usual give a good idea of where the momentum is moving in this race and at the moment the only of the three conservative candidates that has the momentum moving in his direction is Brady. If the conservative votes splits up to much that could help to make on the three Rino candidates, probably McKenna, the GOP nominee.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Big Jim said...

I would say that the fact that both major pro-life organizations choice to endorse Brady and not the other candidates speaks to his conservative credentials. Whats more important to you the mass murder of the unborn or gaming?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home