Tuesday, October 26, 2010

National Public Radio—a petition to defund

From http://www.keepamericasafe.com/

“Dear Concerned American,

On Wednesday, National Public Radio fired Juan Williams after remarks he made on Fox News’ ‘The O’Reilly Factor.’ Williams said, ‘I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.’ In response to objections raised by CAIR, NPR decided to fire Williams.

In a time of crippling national debt when taxpayers all across America are struggling to make ends meet, why is the federal government spending our money to subsidize the left wing programming at National Public Radio? It’s time for this to end. Sign below to tell President Obama no more taxpayer money to NPR.

(http://www.keepamericasafe.com/?page_id=6203/)

Sincerely,

The Keep America Safe Team

P.S. Please click here to sign our petition to end federal funding of NPR.

(http://www.keepamericasafe.com/?page_id=6203/)

Then, please consider forwarding this email to your friends and family members.”

From the website:

“SIGN THE PETITION TO DE-FUND NPR TODAY

In a time of crippling national debt when taxpayers all across America are struggling to make ends meet, why is the federal government spending our money to subsidize the left wing programming at National Public Radio? It’s time for this to end. Sign below to tell President Obama no more taxpayer money to NPR.

Disclaimer: By signing I am authorizing Keep America Safe to send me future email updates and be counted among its members. There is no cost to join and there are no annual dues. The mission of Keep America Safe is to provide information for concerned Americans about critical national security issues. Keep America Safe seeks to influence public policy by encouraging dialogue between American citizens and their elected representatives in order to produce legislation and executive action that enhances the national security of the United States.

On Wednesday, National Public Radio fired Juan Williams after remarks he made on Fox News’ ‘The O’Reilly Factor.’ Williams said, ‘I mean, look Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think,

You know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.’ In response, NPR decided to fire Williams. (The libertine left believes in tolerance as long as one believes and says what they believe. Otherwise, they are absolutely intolerant!—my addition)

While NPR is funded primarily through grants and contributions, including millions from George Soros, it still receives millions of dollars every year from the federal government. In a time of crippling national debt when taxpayers all across America are struggling to make ends meet, why is the federal government spending our money to subsidize the leftwing programming at National Public Radio? It’s time for this to end. Please sign our petition to end federal funding of NPR and pass it along to friends and families.

Keep America Safe is a newly formed, non-profit, non-partisan organization described in Section 501(c)(4) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Donations to Keep America Safe are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions for US federal income tax purposes.

There are no donation limits or restrictions for contributions to Keep America Safe.”