Monday, July 23, 2007

Hiring of illegal immigrants banned

To “Anonymous” who has responded to my Iraq post and all other readers: I do intend to response to your comments. However, it will not be right away. I will first do my posts on immigration that I have been saying that I would do. They begin with this post.

After I finish the immigration posts, I will do the Creationism posts as I’ve been saying that I would. I will deal with each comment received in the order that I received them. Then, I plan to answer the response about Iraq. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish, barbaric decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

http://www.kansasmeadowlark.com/2006/ShameOfKansas

www.childpredators.com

www.lifedynamics.com

www.aclj.org

www.libertylegal.org

www.alliancedefensefund.org

www.searchtv.org

The following AP article was sent to me by e-mail. I do not know the accuracy of it because it is second hand but it reads like it is authentic. I don’t have any further reference for it because it was sent to me. I post it first because it deals with an important aspect of the present immigration problem (I’ll discuss it in a later post) and I’m from Tucson, Arizona and the immigration issue is a persistent concern along the Arizona border and within the State. The e-mail as received:

“Arizona Governor Okays Bill Banning Hiring of Illegal Immigrants

PHOENIX (AP)—The governor of Arizona—the busiest illegal gateway into the U.S.—signed into law Monday a proposal that prohibits people from hiring illegal immigrants and requires all businesses to verify the employment eligibility of workers through a federal database.

The goal is to weaken the economic incentive for immigrants to sneak across the U.S.-Mexico border.

Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano said the law has major flaws, but she acted because the federal government hasn’t done so.

Napolitano said while immigration issues were a federal matter, she signed the law ‘because it is now abundantly clear that Congress finds itself incapable of coping with the comprehensive immigration reforms our country needs.’

‘I signed it, too, out of the realization that the flow of illegal immigration into our state is due to the constant demand of some employers for cheap, undocumented labor,’ the Democratic governor said in her signing statement.

Last week, a much-debated bipartisan immigration bill that would have eventually offered lawful status and citizenship to an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants was quashed in the U.S. Senate. It is unlikely that major action on the immigration issue will be taken in Congress until after the 2008 presidential elections.

Illegal immigrants account for one in 10 workers in the Arizona economy, according to estimates by the Pew Hispanic Center. Arizona is one of at least 11 states that have considered employer sanctions proposals this year.

Advocates for tougher border enforcement said state punishments were needed because the federal government has failed to adequately enforce a federal law that already bars employers from knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

But many businesses and immigrant advocates question the state's legal authority to regulate immigration and said the new state law would weaken Arizona's business climate.

Under the new law, employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants could have their business license suspended for up to 10 days. Second-time violators would have their business license revoked permanently.

The proposal would give a measure of legal protection to employers who can prove they have verified the eligibility of workers through a federal records database. Employers would be required to begin using the database next year.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home