Wednesday, July 11, 2007

They Just Don’t Get It!!! part 2

I’m sorry! I had planned to begin answering the question on immigration asked recently with the previous post. However, that did not happen. Because of events this weekend and an article in the Monday paper, I’m going to write at least two posts based upon the phrase “They just don’t get it.” I hope I will begin answering the question later this week. I apologize for the change in plans!

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

http://www.kansasmeadowlark.com/2006/ShameOfKansas

www.childpredators.com

www.lifedynamics.com

www.aclj.org

www.libertylegal.org

www.alliancedefensefund.org

www.searchtv.org

It has been claimed by some that the Hurricane destruction in the New Orleans area was punishment from GOD. Was it? Others mocked such statements as asinine rantings of people who have no idea what they are saying. Are they correct? I don’t know. The thing is, neither does anyone else.

GOD does not tell us when HE is working HIS will and when HE is not. It may have been caused by GOD; it may not have been.

The point is: the people who dismiss such claims just don’t get it. GOD has in the past used natural occurrences to carry out HIS will. Why don’t they get? Many deny that there is a GOD. Others have tried to redefine GOD to fit their desires of who GOD is. This allows them to sin and to believe that their sin has no consequences. They just don’t get it.

The WORD of GOD—the Bible —is very clear that sin has consequences. Unrepentant sin leads to spiritual death and eternal punishment. However, sin also leads to punishment in the present. Sometimes, it may not be recognized; but it is there. That is true for people and it is also true for nations. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”

In the Old Testament the people of Israel were GOD’S chosen people. Yet, when they sinned against GOD as a people they were punished. They were also repeatedly warned that sin does have consequences. Sin does lead to punishment. They just didn’t get it.

“When Solomon had finished the temple of the Lord and the royal palace, and had succeeded in carrying out all he had in mind to do in the temple of the Lord and in his own palace, the Lord appeared to him at night and said:

‘I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices.

When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

As for you, if you walk before me as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe my decrees and laws, I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel.’

But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. And though this temple is now so imposing, all who pass by will be appalled and say, ‘Why has the Lord done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’ People will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken the Lord, the God of their fathers who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why he brought all this disaster on them.’’”
II Chronicles 7: 11-22 (NIV)

What do you think? Has the United States forsaken the LORD—the creator of the universe—and turned to other gods? Have they turned to the god of self and said to themselves: “There is no god except for me and what I want. If I want to remove GOD from the public arena, there will be no consequences. If I want to murder millions of unborn babies, there will be no consequences. If I want to promote immoral sexual lifestyles, there will be no consequences. If I want to promote all kinds of other immoral activities, there will be no consequences.” Do they just not get it???

“Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.” Romans 8: 5-8 (NIV)
They just don’t get it. You can not live for sin and please GOD. Trying to remove GOD will not be successful. GOD will repay unrepentant sinful man with spiritual death. GOD will punish nations that are not righteous. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.” They just don’t get it!!!

JESUS declared in Mark 7: 20-23 (NIV): “He (JESUS—my addition) went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him ‘unclean.’ For from within, out of men’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man ‘unclean.’’” Do they just not get it?

Or, have they rejected the WORD of GOD and declared to themselves “I make my own rules! I decide what is right or wrong! I decide what I can or can not do! I can murder my unborn babies. I can promote homosexuality. I can speak how ever I want! I can deny GOD! I won’t suffer any consequences. The nation will not suffer any consequences. I know more than GOD!!!” Or, do they just not get it!!!

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” Galatians 6: 7-8 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home