Friday, August 29, 2008

Selling beer and wine in Morton—comments from a Morton resident
My book—The Black Sword: The Secret U.S. Army in Vietnam—is available by mail (not yet in book stores). See post on July 31, 2008 entitled The Black Sword.

I suggest you check out the following website if you are a policy holder of Farmers Insurance Group or thinking about having them insure you in any capacity: www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com




https://affiliates.visionforum.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=367


The above link is for a company—Vision Forum—that provides unique products for the family. I am an affiliate for the company and receive a small commission whenever someone uses this link and then makes an unreturned purchase while using the link. Check it out. I think you might like the products offered. I do. See my more complete explanation on my post of February 1, 2008 entitled “Affiliate program with Vision Forum.”

Based upon past historical data: 3,287+ UNBORN BABY MURDERS have occurred in the last 24 hours in the United States. See my post “BABY HOLOCAUST” posted January 22, 2008.

I’ve been involved in a problem one of my clients has with Farmers Insurance Group. My previous posts in relation to this problem were:

September 10, 2007 post: “Beware of Farmers Insurance Group”
September 11, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Group’s response”
September 18, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Company received the requested list”
September 19, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Company’s response to the list”
October 16, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Group and my request for information”
November 27, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Group does not respond to my request”
January 11, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group latest stall”
January 12, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group is sent a response”
January 14, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group pays some money”
January 19, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group continues to be obstinate”
January 26, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group receives another request”
February 11, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group shows how low they will go?”
February 12, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group: If I were going to respond to the final letter”
February 13, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group and associated companies”
February 14, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group and how others rate the company”

I will not be continuing my Creationism posts today. I do not plan to get to them until after the general election in November.

I do plan to discuss Iraq before the election. I am sorry for the change in plans. Plans, in reality, often are altered for one reason or another. “The best laid plans … often go astray.” Thank you for your understanding and patience.

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish, barbaric decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com

www.childpredators.com

www.lifedynamics.com

www.libertylegal.org

www.alliancedefensefund.org

www.searchtv.org

I didn’t post yesterday because I was having server problems again. Hopefully, it will post tonight.

Tonight’s response deals with a comment posted by someone who identified himself as being a Morton resident. Since, as far as I can tell, only two such comments were specifically identified as being made by Morton residents and I’ve already posted one, I thought it appropriate to respond to the other also. The comment is posted exactly as written:

“DK—45 years in Morton said

It seems as though your main concern is that there will be more alchol abuse because grocery stores will sell it. I’d like to see where you got your facts on this. I understand that as a Christian, you feel you should at least say something. That’s great, that’s what we’re put on this earth for. Maybe you should redirect your feelings and instead of critizing our mayor, you should volunteer with a youth group that helps teens with alcohl abuse. This can be said about most other issues that Christians face. Anyone can write letters about alcohol abuse, abortion, domestic abuse and so on, but it takes someone of real conviction to do something about it. I do not agree that anyone should not vote for someone just because of one issue. To me, that is short sighted and irresponsible as a citizen. What if the other candidate wants to put in an abortion clinic? Now, whom will you vote for? I think you get my point. I surprised would would ‘not support or vote for anyone who supports the proposed change’, but you know or are friends with people that would allow their daughter to stell and drink alcohol illegally.

6: 08 AM

The writer’s comment: “It seems as though your main concern is that there will be more alchol abuse because grocery stores will sell it.”

My response: It is only one of my concerns. I think it is likely that more alcohol abuse will occur. However, as I’ve said repeatedly, I can not see into the future, you can not see into the future, the mayor can not see into the future, the Board of Trustees can not see into the future. This concern is based, in part, upon a long taught basic concept of government which is this: the primary purpose of municipal government is to protect the members of the community. That premise is stated directly in the current liquor ordinance. To increase the availability of alcohol unnecessarily, which I believe they are doing, is a violation of that stated standard, in my opinion.

I also am concerned that this is a first step in an incremental creep to selling hard liquor in grocery stores and other similar establishments as well as the now allowed beer and wine. I am also concerned with the erosion of trust that has already occurred because of the proposal and now with the passage of the amendments. I also am concerned that this result seems to have been predetermined quite possibly to satisfy Lindy’s and/or similar type grocery stores. It is not the Board of Trustees function to fashion the ordinances of the Village to please or appease the business community or a segment of the business community.

And also, what I did not know at the time because I had not been given an opportunity to read the actual ordinance until after the August 4th meeting, the ordinance is poorly written and is inviting a law suit. This was pointed out by Trustee Hermann at the August 18th meeting and was summarily dismissed. Although I don’t know the acceptance of poorly written ordinances by the courts in Illinois, I am certain that, if this same ordinance had been presented to the school board I served on in Arizona (and yes I know that a school board would not be dealing with such an ordinance), our Board attorney would have never allowed it to be passed as written. I think this is another instance of a rush to completion and the majority of the Board and the mayor doesn’t seem to care if it passes legal inspection or not.

The writer’s comment: “Maybe you should redirect your feelings and instead of critizing our mayor, you should volunteer with a youth group that helps teens with alcohl abuse. This can be said about most other issues that Christians face. Anyone can write letters about alcohol abuse, abortion, domestic abuse and so on, but it takes someone of real conviction to do something about it.”

My response: Maybe you don’t have the authority to tell how I should direct my energies. Also, how do you know what I have done in the past or what I am doing at the present time? Furthermore, isn’t prevention better; rather than waiting until after the fact and then helping those involved? Isn’t it better to stop the murder of unborn babies rather than giving comfort after the fact—which is not to say one can’t give comfort after the fact. But the giving of comfort HAS NOT PREVENTED the SIN. Furthermore, as you should know, the Bible says we are given different gifts—we are all part of the body but we are not all eyes, or toes, or arms, or legs.

I would argue that trying to prevent the situation that can cause such abuse is better than trying to clean up the mess afterward. If someone is drunk and breaks his spouse’s arm, I would hope that the spouse would rather have the arm not be broken instead of opting for having the arm breaking spouse being worked with afterward. I think I would!

The writer’s comment: “I do not agree that anyone should not vote for someone just because of one issue. To me, that is short sighted and irresponsible as a citizen. What if the other candidate wants to put in an abortion clinic?”

My response: First of all, you are responding to a letter to the editor that I wrote that the paper said had a 300 word limit. My letter was over 500 words before the newspaper edited out three paragraphs and then was still over 400 words. I can’t do anything more than make a general comment about this which I did. I did not have an opportunity to list exceptions.

However, I doubt seriously if any Morton candidate, who wants to be elected, would campaign on putting in an abortion clinic. He may try to after being elected as the four Trustees and the mayor did with beer and wine, but he would not be likely to campaign on that issue. And of course, to insure that there was a mayoral candidate that I agreed with on every issue, I could always run for mayor.

Why do I care what you think in relation to how I decide to vote? Last time I knew, it is my vote—not yours. Have I told you how to decide how to vote or who to vote for?

In fact, people vote for a candidate for many different reasons which often have nothing to do with one or a whole galaxy of issues. People may vote for a candidate because he’s tall, because of his name, because of his position on the ballot, because of his race, because of his gender, because of a whole host of things other than issues.

I try very hard to vote based on issues and yes, in some cases, because of one issue. As far as I know, that is my right as a citizen of this nation. It is my responsibility to determine what criteria I use—NOT YOURS. I do NOT answer to you! I will never have to answer to you unless you are GOD. Are you GOD!

The writer’s comment: “I surprised would would ‘not support or vote for anyone who supports the proposed change’, but you know or are friends with people that would allow their daughter to stell and drink alcohol illegally.”

My response: I think this section of your comment saddens me more than all the others. Frist, did you read the letter? I never said the parents ALLOWED her to steal the alcohol. Do you people (people because more than you have made this comment or a similar comment) really expect parents to be with their children every second of the day? Were you with your children every second of the day? Would you be with future children every second of the day? Would you expect your children to be with your grandchildren every second of the day? What if they snuck out at night? Would you condemn your children for not watch your grandchildren while the grandchildren were suppose to be sleeping. You really must have been a marvelous parent to have perfect children.

It almost reads as if you would expect me to drop them as friends as soon as they told me of the incident. If my only friends were those who raised perfect children, I would have no friends. Come to think of it, please introduce me to those perfect parents who have children who have never done anything wrong. I’d love to meet them and find out how they managed to accomplish such a feat. As far as I know, there was only one perfect person in history and that was and is CHRIST. And no, I didn’t personally know his parents when he was growing up or when he was an adult before his crucifixion, burial, and resurrection.

I can not believe how people have jumped all over this 12 year old and/or her parents. And yet, not one person made a comment about the alcohol drinking teenager who killed three National Honor Society students in an automobile accident? Where are your priorities? When were any of YOU PERFECT?

If we were all perfect, I wouldn’t care who alcohol was sold to, when, and/or by whom? Since NONE of us are perfect, I do care!

“He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.” [said by JESUS] Luke 11: 23 (NIV)

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.” I Corinthians 3: 19a (NIV)

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” II Timothy 1: 7 (NIV)

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” Galatians 6: 7-8 (NIV)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any real evidence, not just speculation that allowing grocery stores to sell wine or beer, or for that matter even hard liquor, will likely lead to an increase in the amount of teenage drinking, increase crime, accidental death or anything for that matter? You have demanded that the other side produce evidence to support their claims but you do not do so to support your own. The death of three national honors student that you mentioned is of course a tragedy but you have not present any evidence that support the claim that if grocery stores are allowed to sell wine and beer that it will make such events any more likely.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home