Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Selling beer and wine in Morton—common sense tested

My book—The Black Sword: The Secret U.S. Army in Vietnam—is available by mail (not yet in book stores). See post on July 31, 2008 entitled The Black Sword.

I suggest you check out the following website if you are a policy holder of Farmers Insurance Group or thinking about having them insure you in any capacity: www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com




https://affiliates.visionforum.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=367


The above link is for a company—Vision Forum—that provides unique products for the family. I am an affiliate for the company and receive a small commission whenever someone uses this link and then makes an unreturned purchase while using the link. Check it out. I think you might like the products offered. I do. See my more complete explanation on my post of February 1, 2008 entitled “Affiliate program with Vision Forum.”

Based upon past historical data: 3,287+ UNBORN BABY MURDERS have occurred in the last 24 hours in the United States. See my post “BABY HOLOCAUST” posted January 22, 2008.

I’ve been involved in a problem one of my clients has with Farmers Insurance Group. My previous posts in relation to this problem were:

September 10, 2007 post: “Beware of Farmers Insurance Group”
September 11, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Group’s response”
September 18, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Company received the requested list”
September 19, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Company’s response to the list”
October 16, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Group and my request for information”
November 27, 2007 post: “Farmers Insurance Group does not respond to my request”
January 11, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group latest stall”
January 12, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group is sent a response”
January 14, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group pays some money”
January 19, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group continues to be obstinate”
January 26, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group receives another request”
February 11, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group shows how low they will go?”
February 12, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group: If I were going to respond to the final letter”
February 13, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group and associated companies”
February 14, 2008 post: “Farmers Insurance Group and how others rate the company”

I will not be continuing my Creationism posts today. I do not plan to get to them until after the general election in November.

I do plan to discuss Iraq before the election. I am sorry for the change in plans. Plans, in reality, often are altered for one reason or another. “The best laid plans … often go astray.” Thank you for your understanding and patience.

How many unborn toddlers were murdered today because of the humanistic, paganish, barbaric decisions of the United States Supreme Court?

Stop the
Murder of
Unborn
Toddlers

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com

www.childpredators.com

www.lifedynamics.com

www.libertylegal.org

www.alliancedefensefund.org

www.searchtv.org

I have received three more comments. I am still going to end this discuss at the end of the month and then turn my attention to the general election. I am not going to have time to respond to all comments. Therefore, I will select the comments I will discuss. If the sale of beer and wine becomes an issue at the next Village election in April and I hope it does, I probably will respond to the remaining comments. That, however, is not a guarantee.

Tonight’s post deals with the following anonymous comment which is posted exactly as written:

“Anonymous said

On what basis do you oppose the sale of beer and wine in the grocery stores? They already sell it at the 3 liquor stores in town. Do you actually think that more people are going to start drinking just because it is in the grocery stores. That is not going to happen. If people have a problem they will find a place to buy it! They sell cigarettes there already do you think that is responsible for some people being addicted to nicotine? Use some common sense would you

7: 28 AM”

I have responded to the above in previous posts including the original letter to the editor which was posted in July with the title of “Letter to the editor for mayor’s proposal to sell beer and wine.” I am going to respond to the last sentence which declared “Use some common sense would you”

The Bible declares:

“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: ‘I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.’

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.” I Corinthians 1: 20-25 (NIV)

Note the following Biblical concepts in this short passage:

1) “For it is written: ‘I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.’” (The I, of course, is GOD)

2) “Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?”

3) “For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.”

The Bible declares:

“Jesus turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.’” Matthew 16: 23 (NIV)

Note the following Biblical concept in this short passage:

1) “‘you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.’”

The Bible declares:

“‘This is why I speak to them in parables: Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’” Matthew 13: 13-15 (NIV)

Note the following Biblical concepts in this short passage:

1) “‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’”

2) “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.’”

3) “‘For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’”

The following is a true story:

I was in my first year as a teacher teaching at a small school located in Illinois near the Indiana border. I taught three American history classes in a row. My tests, at that time, consisted of fifty multiple choice questions with four possible answers.

I had been teaching long enough that I knew who my good students were, who my average students were, and my below average students. The good students were confident in their ability to take a test. They had years of success to support that earned confidence. They were the first ones to finish a test, unless some student didn’t try and just handed in an incomplete test, and were certain that they had earned an A or, at least, a B on the test.

This particular test was different. The good students were the last ones to hand in the test. During the test several of them, at different times, would look at me as if to ask “What in the world have you done?” They were reading and rereading the questions. They were changing answers. As they finally handed in the tests minutes to seconds before the bell rang, several declared “That was the hardest test I have ever taken.” Several students who came into the class next stated that they had talked to X student in the hall and the student had said such things as “It was a killer test: I hope you studied. I didn’t do well.”
Why was this test so different than all the others they had taken over eleven years? Did I deliberately make the questions extremely difficult?

No! I used the same process we had been taught in college. Some questions so easy that anyone could answer them. Other questions with various degrees of difficulty to weed out those who understood the material and those who did not. Only a few extremely difficult questions to challenge the top students. And yet, the top students were the ones who were questioning their own ability. Why?

The answer: Of the fifty questions, every single answer was C. A correct test would have had 50 answers of C. Those students who had 47 (the highest score) and a few less C’s “knew” from common sense and years of experience that no teacher ever gives a test with every question having the same correct answer. They were looking for a random sequence of A’s, B’s, C’s, and D’s because that was what always happened; that was what was expected; that was what common sense called for.

When it didn’t happen, they questioned their own answers. They decided that the problem was the test. The test was the hardest test they had ever taken. Their common sense; their experience; their expectations failed them.

So, my question becomes “who made you the determiner and purveyor of common sense?” Obviously, in this instance you think you are and anyone who disagrees with you lacks common sense. That is your right, but I do not for a second concede that you have that power, ability, and authority because YOU DO NOT!!!

“He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.” [said by JESUS] Luke 11: 23 (NIV)

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.” I Corinthians 3: 19a (NIV)

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” II Timothy 1: 7 (NIV)

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” James 4: 17 (NIV)

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” Galatians 6: 7-8 (NIV)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of those comments,the first in particular, made good points that you have chosen to ignore and instead played games for the most part. You have taken and position on political issues and that is fine, but you have present nothing to back up position other than speculate and conjuncture. You have present no evidence or statistics to back up your position and then you earlier criticized people on the other side of the issue for not doing that providing them to back up their point. Your argument that since they proposing the changes they should have to present evidence to support their point while those people that oppose it shouldn't it ridiculously and sounds some who holds himself and those that agree with him to separate, and for that matter lower standard of proof, than everyone else. You are supporting a political position and position that restricts the ability of private entities to sell a legal product that is used responsible by tens, if not hundred, million people so it is just as incumbents on you to provide evidence to support your position and those that proposed and successful changes the law. In one of your post you said:
"Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y"
It seems to me that holding oneself to lower standard of evidence in a political debate than ones opponents screams H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would second the previous poster comment the blog author seems to either ignore many of the points of the comments he claims to address or play games giving elaborate non answer that have little to do with the comments. Instead of addressing many issues raised by the commenters he go off on little related topic.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home